Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Drum Mode & Ed!son

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Oz-boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Hi All smile

    I'm having problems with the Drum Mode in Ed!son not playing back the correct instrument via midi when loaded by Set Manager.

    When I open the set in Ed!son it has various instruments in normal mode (keyboards, basses etc) & one in drum mode (custom drum bank).

    When I go to a midi sequencer & select the instrument banks everything is OK until I try midi ch10 ... I get one of the other instruments playing - not the drum bank ... it doesn't matter what prog. & var. is selected.

    There was another post about this a while back but no-one replied - http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/Forum29/HTML/000143.html

    I can't seem to find an updated manual for Ed!son anywhere so I'm not even sure if I'm doing something wrong or if there is a bug.

    Please help. confused

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Oz-boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Hey Boye,

    You my friend are a bloody genius biggrin

    I went back to version 2.03 of set manager & now my set loads & plays beautifully.

    Thanks.

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Boye:
    Hi,

    got this problem myself. Have you tried using the older Set Manager, or better yet; Ed!son ? Solved my problems, since the newer Set Manager has a bug in it playing instrumental waveforms instead of drums with banks that have both instrument and drumkits combined.
    Try any version before v3.0 of Set Manager - hopefully it'll help smile Your actual soundbank should be allright.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


  3. #3
    Inactive Member Boye's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2000
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    got this problem myself. Have you tried using the older Set Manager, or better yet; Ed!son ? Solved my problems, since the newer Set Manager has a bug in it playing instrumental waveforms instead of drums with banks that have both instrument and drumkits combined.
    Try any version before v3.0 of Set Manager - hopefully it'll help smile Your actual soundbank should be allright.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Menno's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi
    The guy again who has the same problem talking here!!
    The problem with the drum/instrument-combination is said to be solved. But are there no problems with longer samples?
    -I want it all-

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Boye's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 30th, 2000
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't think so smile
    The newer set manager supports longer waveforms, while the older does not -grin-

    I constantly use Ed!son. Works allright when I first want to playback MIDI. Then when I'm in a rush, Windows startup is faster since it doesn't actually upload the set I last used in Ed!son.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •